As a groomer, I notice quickly when one of my guys starts to look a bit raggedy. Sometimes, though, just like the cobblers kids needing new shoes, I've let them slide a bit.
For many owners the reasons are the same as mine or they could be for the health and hygiene of our beloved pets.
Wikipedia has a concise and I think thorough list of reasons for grooming your pet:
Reasons for grooming
Grooming is an important part of dog care. Depending on the breed, age, and health of the dog, grooming may be a daily activity. Many breeds require significantly less grooming than this, but regular grooming helps to ensure the dog is healthy and comfortable. It is important to note that while many dogs shed, others (such as thePoodle), do not shed (see Moult) as profusely, and require grooming by a professional every 6–8 weeks maximum.
The main reasons for daily grooming include:
- decreased chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches, and other skin problems
- general cleanliness of the dog
- monitoring of the dog's health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament, all of which could be indicative of illness
- forging of a closer bond between dog and owner
- reducing infestation load of external parasites on skin
For more information about the benefits of House Call Pet Grooming in the Sarasota County or Manatee County please call Sunny Dawn House Call Pet Grooming 941-301-8543.